Pick Your Own At Stonehaven Farms
Stonehaven Farms is pleased to offer seasonal ‘Pick-Your-Own’ strawberry and pumpkin picking! (All other produce is offered ready picked )
Start and finish dates for picking vary for each year’s picking season, so please be sure to check beforehand for current dates/times.
PYO strawberries(2021 SEASON FINISHED AS OF JULY 3, 2021):
Due to our concern for everyone’s health & safety and in an effort to help to stop viral spread, there will be modifications made to our strawberry PYO process. Pick Your Own is offered on a first come first serve basis only. We may require to restrict the number of guests present our patches at any given time etc., if COVID safety distancing becomes compromised at any point. Our patches are enormous however, so safe distancing is not anticipated as an issue. We want you to feel rest assured that visitor numbers & spacing are constantly monitored with your utmost safety in mind. Can you almost taste them now?!
If you have any questions please feel free to get in touch with us.
Pick-Your-Own Strawberries typically runs from Mid-June until Early-July.
Please Note: Last entry for PYO strawberries is at 4:00 pm.
Pick-Your-Own Pumpkins typically runs from Late-September to Late-October
Please Note: Last entry to PYO pumpkin patch is at 4:30 pm.
Pick Your Own Strawberries
Typically Mid-June to Early-July
Stonehaven Strawberry “Pick Your Own” Explained….
- Please note that strawberries are also offered ready picked, picked fresh daily just for you!
- We offer a prepaid flat rate system using our small or large containers only which are recyclable
- No admission fee to PYO…Kid Zone is complimentary for our PYO guests(availability dependent on COVID regulations)
- Approximately 2 pounds plus in the small basket…large basket approximately double the small size
- Please make your PYO purchase outside the market at our new “country cabin” prior to entering the field
- Guests walk to the field(s) just steps away from the market (wagon rides are not available during strawberry season due to logistical safety concerns)
- Additional small or large containers may be purchased with cash in the field for your convenience (cash, debit, Visa and Mastercard in the market)
- A minimum small container purchase is required for every two persons age 5 and up in your picking party…i.e. 1-2 people (age 5 and up) purchases one small , 3-4 people two small or one large, 5-6 people three small or one small & one large and so on
- No refunds given
- PYO will be closed if it’s raining in the field
- All ages are welcome to enjoy the harvest, though strollers are to be left at the edge of the field
- Families must remain tightly together at all times, to respect social distancing of others
- Diaper bags and wet wipes are not permitted in the field for sanitary and equipment friendly reasons
- No food or drinks (except baby bottles/sip cups) are permitted in the patch.
- Several varieties of strawberries are offered, so please ask an attendant to sample a berry to ensure your enjoyment, but “eating” is strictly prohibited
- Stonehaven attendants are present in the field to answer any questions and to guide you to any “hot spots” of the day if you wish, and to ensure your experience is clean, safe and orderly as you are not forced into specific rows/spots
- Please don’t hesitate to call if you would like a current field report or have any further questions
How Pick Your Own Strawberries Works
In order to maintain a safe social distance between our PYO visitors, time slots will be available online for pre purchase to choose along with the size and quantity of baskets. PYO strawberry time slots/orders can only be placed on the day before or on the day of due to the uncertainty of crop quality, availability due to weather conditions, quantity etc. Please note that PYO strawberries will not occur if raining, so we suggest you check our local weather forecast prior to ordering. Refunds are not be given due to rain.
As always, Stonehaven baskets are supplied and included in your pricing where we are offering a small( approximately 2 pounds) and large size( approximately 4 pounds). Outside containers are not permitted. A maximum of 2 adults and 2 children are allowed per ticket purchase ie. 3 adults require 2 tickets, 2 adults 3 children require 2 tickets, 5 adults require 3 tickets, 4 adults and 1 child requires 3 tickets and so on…. Extra baskets will be available for cash purchase in the field. Refunds will not be given for unused baskets. There is a short walk to the field from the market, where strollers must remain at the edge, because the strawberry plants are not stroller friendly! There is strictly no eating of berries in the field.
After providing proof of purchase upon arrival check-in at our new pyo counter (at the east market entrance), you will be given your pre purchased picking basket(s). We suggest you arrive well ahead of your timed ticket to check-in at the identified PYO counter, because if you arrive more than 15 minutes after your purchased picking time, refunds will not be given. We must strictly adhere to the assigned time slots, since each time slot has an allotted number of tickets to keep a tally of visitors at a given time in order to maintain safe social distancing in the field. This is necessary to comply with government social distancing regulations and for your personal safety. Families must stay together in the field and ensure that children always remain at your side. Stonehaven staff will greet you at the field and guide you to an appropriate area, where we respectfully remind you to continue to observe social distancing while you are picking/on the farm at all times.
Order Your Pick Your Own Strawberry Tickets
*Please note that you will be asked to choose a date and time to pick your strawberries at checkout.
Pick Your Own Pumpkins
Typically Late-September to Late-October
Stonehaven Pumpkin “Pick Your Own “Explained…..
All of our pumpkins, gourds and squash are homegrown here on the farm and are offered pre picked as well. Wagons and wheelbarrows are complementary for your transport convenience from the field (just steps from the market) to your vehicle. Prices are flat rated per pumpkin, so whatever shape or size you desire , we encourage you to enjoy the thrill of the hunt from the entire field directly from the vine. Please purchase your PYO pumpkin ticket(s) prior to field entry and return ticket(s) to gate attendant upon returning to your vehicle. Field entry is only permitted with a ticket(s), even just for photo opportunities. Last entry to PYO patch is at 4:30 pm.
The market is a wheelchair friendly facility.
Our Latest Posts On Instagram