Pick Your Own At Stonehaven Farms
Stonehaven Farms is pleased to offer seasonal ‘Pick-Your-Own’ strawberry and pumpkin picking! (All other produce is offered ready picked )
Start and finish dates for picking vary for each year’s picking season, so please be sure to check beforehand for current dates/times.
PYO strawberries 2020 season has officially closed! Thank-you for supporting your local farmer!
Due to our concern for everyone’s health & safety and in an effort to help to stop viral spread, there will be modifications made to our strawberry PYO process. Please proceed to our new PYO purchases/check-in windows at the market front entrance, where you may purchase your berry baskets prior to entering the field. Each basket allows admission for 2 adults and 2 children. Our small basket holds approximately 2 pounds at $8.99 and our large basket holds approximately 4 pounds at $17.99. PYO strawberries 2020, are now offered on a walk-in basis only. Reservations for PYO strawberries are not required or taken online, by email or by telephone. If you have any questions please feel free to get in touch with us.
Please Note: Last entry to the PYO strawberry patch is at 4 pm daily and PYO pumpkin patch is at 4:30 pm.
Pick Your Pumpkin season typically runs from mid September to late October on weekends including Thanksgiving Monday.
Pick Your Own Strawberries
Typically Mid-June to Early-July
Stonehaven Strawberry “Pick Your Own” 2020 Explained….
- Please note that strawberries are also offered ready picked in small and large sized recyclable baskets picked fresh daily
- We offer PYO using a prepaid flat rate system using our small or large containers only which are recyclable
- Approximately 2 pounds plus in the small basket…large basket approximately double the small size
- Guests walk to the field(s) just steps away from the market (wagon rides are not available during strawberry season due to logistical safety concerns)
- Additional small or large containers may be purchased with cash in the field for your convenience (cash, debit, Visa and Mastercard in the market)
- Each basket purchased allows admission to the field for 2 adults and 2 children
- No refunds given due to rain, or unused baskets
- PYO will be closed if it’s raining in the field
- All ages are welcome to enjoy the harvest, though strollers are to be left at the edge of the field, and children must remain at your side at all times
- Diaper bags and wet wipes are not permitted in the field for sanitary and equipment friendly reasons
- Several varieties of strawberries are offered, so sampling a berry is understandable to ensure your enjoyment, but “eating” is strictly prohibited
- Please handle only the berries you pick
- Stonehaven attendants are present in the field to answer any questions and to guide you to any “hot spots” of the day if you wish, and to ensure your experience is clean, safe and orderly
- Please don’t hesitate to call if you would like a current field report or have any further questions
Pick Your Own Pumpkins
Typically Late-September to Late-October
Stonehaven Pumpkin “Pick Your Own “Explained…..
All of our pumpkins, gourds and squash are homegrown here on the farm and are offered pre picked as well. Wagons and wheelbarrows are complementary for your transport convenience from the field (just steps from the market) to your vehicle. Prices are flat rated per pumpkin, so whatever shape or size you desire , we encourage you to enjoy the thrill of the hunt from the entire field directly from the vine. Please purchase your PYO pumpkin ticket(s) prior to field entry and return ticket(s) to gate attendant upon returning to your vehicle. Field entry is only permitted with a ticket(s), even just for photo opportunities. Last entry to PYO patch is at 4:30 pm.