Stonehaven’s Signature Fall Fun School Program:
Stonehaven Farms offers a school program that is curriculum driven with activities that are fun, engaging and encouraging for students to become aware of and interested in the local community, farming and the environment.
Our scheduling is unique, ensuring that only your individual school/group with a low student to Stonehaven guide ratio is present on the farm. This is especially important for some schools/groups that appreciate eliminating distraction from other visitors. We also are happy to include those in wheelchairs on our wagon ride component, using our custom made ramp. Special needs groups are always most welcome.
Our exceptional school program guides include Ontario certified retired, current occasional, new graduate teachers as well as gifted individuals.
The following key program objectives are appropriately modified to meet the learning levels and outcomes of each group from preschool and upwards. Our program involving Junior Kindergarten to Grade Three, includes components based on the Ontario Science and Technology, Social Studies, Health and Physical Education, and Arts and Drama curriculum for a well rounded experience. Other grade levels including university can also be accommodated.
If you have any questions please feel free to get in touch with us.
- Programs run rain or shine
- Are 1 ½ hours in length
- Groups are welcome to remain and enjoy their lunch after their tour to utilize our picnic facilities/Kidzone under their own supervision, if arranged at time of booking
- There is a minimum program charge if there are less than 20 attending children
- Teachers and helpers are free of charge (within reasonable numbers)
- Additional siblings arriving with parents will be charged the regular program rate
- An invoice is sent via fax or email approximately 1 week prior to your visit based on information/numbers of students given at time of booking , at which time we kindly ask for your confirmation of actual student numbers attending to aid in preparation for your upcoming trip
- Payment is due at time of tour….no deposit required
- Cheque, cash, debit and visa is accepted and a cash register receipt will be issued upon payment
- Our covered wagons can accommodate 30-40 people each
- Washroom facilities available
- Our program offers a variety of experiences, so we must keep to a strict schedule therefore, we ask that you arrive promptly at your reserved time…. if for some reason your group arrives late, we may have to shorten or omit some activities.
- Although covered wagons and a covered classroom/snack area are used, activities do take place outdoors. Please ensure that children are dressed appropriately for the current weather conditions (link to current weather conditions) and physical activities (i.e. boots)
Our fall 1 1/2 hour signature program includes…
- A wagon ride where seasonal changes on the farm are observed/discussed
- Observation of bees at their hives safely from the wagon
- A visit to the pumpkin patch where students can explore and harvest their own pumpkin
- Physically engaging investigation of the pumpkin lifecycle including the the role of bees and factors required for plant growth
- Hands on activity to take home
- Active participation in pumpkin themed poem/ song
- A drink
- Class pumpkin
- Free play time in our covered sand box, straw bale maze or kiddie loose straw pile
We are pleased to arrange customized private tours that may include any individual or a combination of the following:
- Giant corn maze
- Night maze adventure by flashlight
- Private wagon ride
- Strawberry/pumpkin picking
- Educational lecture/learning/activities in outdoor classroom environment, during Educational Wagon Ride etc.
- Light refreshments ie. cookies, drinks etc.
We are open to discuss your special needs, requests….please just ask!
- Minimum charge applied for groups less than 20 people (groups less than 20 are still more than welcome)
- Generally available 7 days/week during our market season June – October, where some exceptions may apply ie. Thanksgiving etc.
- Covered wagons can accommodate 30-40 people each, where two wagons can be attached together to accommodate larger groups
- Wheelchair accessibility on the wagons using our special ramp is available
- Washroom facilities
- Payment is due at time of tour…no deposit required
- Cheque, cash, debit, Visa and MasterCard is accepted and a cash register receipt will be issued upon payment
- Pre-booking is required
- Call for pricing catered to your group’s needs